Patterson, L.H. - Root Cellar
This arched cave is located deep into a township section to the northwest of Keats, KS. According to the 1902 plat map it was then owned by L.H. Patterson. According to the current landowner it was owned by the three Jones sisters. The cave is built into a hillside and would have been attached to the back of a large wood frame house that has been demolished. The cave calls were coated with plaster which has since started to flake off. The cave also has a well inside of it that is accessed via an electric pump. According to the land owner it has also been the home to a nesting vulture. The cave walks out to the southeast and measures 12.5'(L)x10.5'(W)7.5'(H).