Miller, William - Root Cellar/Dugout
This property was homesteaded by either A.D. Rowland or William Miller. The 1884 plat map doesn’t show a homestead on the map so it might have been built when William Miller owned the property. Or, it just wasn’t marked as a residence in 1884. The cave is built into an embankment at the base of a hill with just a slight mound raised above it. Most of the dirt above the cave has eroded away. The cave is the only remnant of whatever original buildings that would have stood on this property. It has since lost its front entrance and an unclear part of its arch. The cave opens to the southwest and is approximately 14’(L)x10’ (W)x 7’(H).